U.S. EMBASSY KYIV
TEACHER DEVELOPMENT SUMMER INSTITUTE
July 3 – 5, 2014
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this Summer Institute is to join efforts of Ukrainian and American trainers to provide continuous professional development and sustain professional networks. For Ukrainian trainers, alumni of various U.S. government ELT training programs, it is a chance to share the practical expertise they have developed and hone presentation skills.
The program includes the following subthemes:
· Increasing Interaction in Our Classrooms
· Technology In and Out of the EFL Classroom
· Incorporating Writing Activities Effectively Into the Curriculum
· Encouraging Critical Thinking in the Classroom
· Best Practices for Teaching English as a Foreign Language
· Practical Applications in Language and Learning Skills
6 Ukrainian trainers, TESOL-Ukraine members have been chosen through competition.
PROVISIONS OF THE PROGRAM
Dates: July 3-5, 2014
Location: Kyiv, IBIS Kiev City Center Hotel
Language of Instruction: English
Number of participants: 25
The program is for English teachers of all levels from Ukraine.
Those who have been selected, are provided with 18 hours of training consisting of four 90-min sessions a day.
Complimentary lodging for non-Kyiv participants and meals allowance for all participants are provided by the U.S. Embassy.