Returning to Troyeshchyna Gymnasium after the autumn holidays,
the 8th grade students took part in the English-speaking Reach the Park Quest.
A group loses 1 of the 3 lives for every Ukrainian word, which is pronounced during the Quest.
If a group has lost the 3 lives during the Quest, the game is over. A group loses and comes back to school.
This "Places" adventure game included pairing and grouping in a series of tasks
from the gymnasium to the Youth Park in order to learn how to navigate and move around,
guided by English instructions such as "walk past", "over", "along" "," through "," across ",
to indicate the city views, calling them in English .
Follow the directions and walk to the Park
1. Go through the school gate
2. Go straight ahead along the path past the kindergarten fence.
3. Turn right and go past the kindergarten fence again.
4. Turn left and go straight ahead to Mayakovskyi Street.
5. Turn right, go across the road and go along the pavement to the pedestrian tunnel.
6. Go through the entrance and then through the central exit of the tunnel.
Fresh air, a non-standard 45-minute lesson, communication only in English,
5 earned minutes of free time in the park as a result of early completion of all tasks -
all that, I hope, will be a motivator for further studying English).
What do you think?