On 31 March the District contest of composers was held in the Centre of Children's and Teenagers' Creativity.
Our pupil from 8-B form, Ella Yevtushenko, took part in it and won the first place!
Our site journalist Nataliya Derevianko interviewed Ella.
1. Why did you decide to compete in this contest? Who told you about it?
- Our vice-president Tetyana Oleksiivna told me about it. I like contests, so I thought it would be interesting and I agreed.
2. How many contestants were there? And did you make friends with them?
- There were only three contestants: me, a girl with a "rock"-band and a boy who performed rap. All they were very interesting and talented, but unfortunately we didn't have much time to khow each other better.
3. Did you want to win? Were you sure you would?
- Of course I wanted to, and I hoped I would, but it would very selfish to be sure in it.
4. What song did you sing there? Who did you dedicate it to?
- It was a song about love. I dedicated it to one person who's important for me. But you can also understand it as love to high marks, to free Ukraine or to unpolluted nature. =)
- Click to listen to a song on-line.
5. Did the jury have any quiestions to you?
- They advised me to improve my song more before the city tour. They also wondered why I had written a song to a girl. People often ask me this question, and I always explain, that it sounds much better.
6. Was the contest shown on TV?
- No, but it was visited by a journalist from our district newspaper.
7. Did you play any instruments or sing without music?
- I played the acoustic guitar.
8. Did you have any technical problems?
- There were no serious problems, but I had two microphones (one for guitar and one for singing), and it was quite uncomfortable.
9. Did you have any show while performing or just sing sitting on a chair?
- The style of a song doesn't really need any show.
10. What were you wearing? Did you have some special costume?
- No, I was wearing just a black skirt and white blouse.
11. Did you get any presents for you victory?
- I was given a diploma. And I'm waiting for the next tour.
My congratulations! Well done! Good luck in the next challenge! You are really talented and creative! I know you'll win! =)
- Thank you very much!